Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Quick Word on Protests in the Middle East and Then a Joke




I'm not saying i understand the political situation there fully, but it is pretty cool to see people taking their lives and their freedom into there own hands. How interesting that a powerful semi-dictator is being taken down without 1 US troop involved. Revolutions and changes in power in the name of democracy are sometimes violent but don't necessarily have to come at the end of a American's gun. Maybe this would have been good to know 10 years ago.


I understand that I really have no way to effect the situation at all and there is a serene calm that comes with such a realization even though it is obvious that violence is part of the process. I don't particularly care if the new ways of life forged by these social uprisings are more friendly to the US, I only hope that the new system, after the riots are over, is more just than the current one. Tzedek Tzedek Tirdof. 





And now, for the unrelated Joke Of The Day: 
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"
"Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?" "Well ... are you religious or atheist?" "Religious."
"Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?"
"Christian." "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?" "Protestant."
"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" "Baptist."
"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?" "Baptist Church of God."
"Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"
To which I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment