Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Haha

I put "haha" at the end of lots of things I write. Emails, facebook comments, tweets. I do this, for the most part, because I am worried people will be offended or put off if I seemed very serious. We all know how hard it is to convey inflection through text; better that the reader think I am joking than they get their feelings hurt because they misconstrue.

Actually, it upsets me that I feel the need to qualify my statements like this. It angers me that I feel people don't know how to not be offend by something they read on the internet because they most likely don't understand what the writer means. It makes me frustrated that I feel ashamed to write with heavy wording.Mostly, it makes me sad that I notice this "Haha" trend so astutely because this fact indicates that I communicate through a screen way more than I should.

Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment