Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hidden from the News Feed

The ability to hide certain people or certain types of updates (I'm looking at you FarmVille) from one's Facebook Newsfeed is great - it allows you to customize your FB experience. Yet, there is a big downside.

I feel that it's sort of unfair that once someone is hidden they are never seen again by the hider. Oh how I loath the notion that my wondrous and insightful status updates never reach the multitudes because of my past youthful indiscretions (spamming my status with stupid inside jokes and unauthorized and inadvertent Texas Hold accomplishments). I know better now - my statuses are pure gold but you may never see them because you could so easily block me forever.

I say that 4 times a year, for 2 days at a time, EVERYONE you have ever blocked shows up on your feed - a re-audition of sorts. Then, if you find something really valuable, you can UNBLOCK them. If after the trial period, you take no action then everyone is returned to the blocked list.


The worst part of the whole mess is that I will never know that you blocked me. I might spout untold wisdom with you in particular in mind and never will you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment