Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day and a Bonus!

The American tax system is pretty messed up. I don't have any income and its still pretty confusing. The forms.... oh God the forms! Its a system that is cobbled together instead of concise. I understand that the government wants to use the Tax Code to incentivise certain behavior, but this practice (as opposed to using the Tax Code just to fund the operation of the government) leads to a very confusing system.There are people who's only job is to try to understand what the tax law really says!

I honestly think that the fact that people make money on helping people file their returns is messed up.

I'm just upset with the fact that I can't figure it out in the 5 minutes I have between class.


Joke of the day:
A guy walks into a butcher's shop and points to some beef hanging from the rafters. He says to the butcher " I bet you $100 that you can't jump up and touch that meat". The butcher declines saying " No thanks, the steaks are too high."

No comments:

Post a Comment