Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome and Introduction

At the urging of some of my friends, I am starting an Idea of the Day blog. It was their suggestion that I have a Twitter account for this purpose but I doubt I will be able to meet the character limit, though I will try to keep these ideas under 140 words. These will not be long discussions or lengthy philosophical projects, though I reserve the right to link to such things.

The topics of these will be an eclectic mix about the world, academics, culture, food, exercise, and of course, Ultimate. If the topic doesn't interest you, fine; i'll see you tomorrow. If you like the idea, leave a comment, and then take it - steal it - and use it in your next dinner party conversation. But please don't cite your source unless you feel like it - I'm not a big fan of intellectual property rights.

The only real model I have is the NY Time's IOTD blog but im sure mine will be different. I have but a rough concept of what this will look like, bare with me - I'm going to refine the format as I go.

You may follow me Twitter (which will link to this blog website unless I have something to say shorter that 140 characters) or on Google Buzz, or through Google Dashboard, or on a RSS feed.

Well, enough with the prologue. By the way, you can thank Justin "FireFace" Elliot and Brooks "Shields" Taylor for the motivation to begin this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment